Wednesday, August 8, 2012

World's Coolest Hotel Bathrooms

Great article posted on the Travel and Leisure.com that also appeared in "Making a Splash" in T+L Magazine about some of the coolest bathrooms around the globe, from Paris to Utah. Click here to read the full article.


World's Coolest Hotel Bathrooms
By: Adam Sachs
I first fell for Tokyo when I arrived at the Four Seasons Hotel at Marunouchi and read the little sign in my bathroom.

“Don’t be afraid of our toilet,” the note begged, politely, reassuringly.

I was far from afraid. I was transfixed, happy. I pressed all the buttons on the toilet, even the ones with the pictures of things I’d never want to have happen or couldn’t really comprehend. When that was done, I drew a bath in the outsize tub at the center of the room, fiddled with the electric shades and dimmers, turned on some hotel music, disgorged all the bath salts, and fetched a Cognac from the mini-bar.

Our bathroom rituals are different in hotels than they are at home because the function of that room is altered and enlarged. The home bath is a way station on the path of the everyday. Traveling, we’re off our routine and in need of comfort, warmth, and cleansing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics