Friday, May 10, 2013

Bath Planet Featured in Lynchburg News Advance


Bath Planet was recently featured in Lynchburg News Advance. The article talks about Bath Planet and what the brand will offer the community. The Q&A article showcases Randy Dinwiddie as a long-tern veteran in the remodeling industry, and includes information about why he chose to open Bath Planet. This was a great introduction of the business in Lynchburg!  


Tell us the basics: Who are you, what’s your company’s name, and how long have you been at this company?
I’ve been in the home remodeling industry for 25 years, and opened a Bath Planet business in the economy to create a steady revenue stream that provides more quality products/services to current and new customers. I feel this concept will fare well in Lynchburg because the age of the properties in the area are primed for this type of product/service, and the price point is attractive to the customers.
Describe your business — what do you do?
With Bath Planet, we do bath remodeling, specializing in tub to shower conversions to make bathrooms safer for the baby boomers. We offer a private label of acrylic bath and shower liners made available through BCI Acrylic Bath Systems, a national manufacturer and distributor and Bath Planet’s parent company. Bath Planet offers stylish, cost-effective, low-maintenance and long-term bath improvements to homeowners, commercial customers and consumers seeking aging-in-place solutions. The acrylic on the shower walls give the customer the best, easy to clean, most durable product available with a lifetime warranty. Also, Bath Planet has earned the coveted Good Housekeeping Seal, recognizing the exceptional quality of its liner systems, and even received a customer recommendation rating of 97 percent by an independent, third-party company.
How did you get into this business?
I used to do ceramic tile showers. When I found acrylic bath systems, I knew it would be a hit after listening to my wife fuss about having to scrub the grout lines, which were hard, time consuming and messy to handle. Now I think if I put tile in our shower, I think she would leave me. Just kidding, but with the style and colors of our acrylic bath lines, it was a no brainer for me to make the jump into this business.
What’s the market like for your business?
We are remodeling the baths of the growing baby boomer generation, and making the bathing area safer. We expect our business will continue to grow as many of these people will partner with us on remodeling their bath or shower to ensure they can enjoy their lifestyle freedom in their own home.
What’s a lesson you’ve learned during the recession?
It is a tough market out there, and we must give the customer the very best value and high-quality service for their dollar.
Is there a secret to your personal success? Perhaps a piece of advice you’ve always remembered?
In the service industry, you must treat people like you want to be treated and stand behind your work.
What’s coming up in the next year for you and your company? What about in the next five years?
Our goal is to continue to grow the business, provide more jobs, and to become the best-known bath remodeling company in the community.
What’s the part of your job you dread the most? : I dread the most when something goes wrong on a job beyond my control, and I can't do anything about it. An example is when something is lost or broken in shipment. Until I get the order, I have no control. I want happy customers so sometimes this can be a struggle.
What’s the part of your job that excites you the most, the thing that makes you want to hurry to work? : The thing that excites me the most is providing bathroom remodeling solutions that help people stay in their homes longer as opposed to an assisted living home. Also, I have a great team in place, which includes my lovely wife. My team is some of the best, most-dedicated employees my wife and I have employed over the years working in this industry.
If you weren’t in this career, what would you do for a living? :  If I wasn’t working in this business, I would have to spend my time with our sister company, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, which still helps people with their remodeling and home-based solutions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics